Thursday, February 19, 2015

Jewel Box Wedding: Brittany & Anthony Kennada

Meet the Bride
Name: Brittany Dawn Brannon
The Future: Mrs. Kennada
Age: 25
Dated Her Man: 1 year 5 months
Engaged: 7 months
Ring Cut: Radiant Round

Brittany is an ambitious and talented young woman who lives life to the fullest. The shining moments in her bedazzled life include being Miss Arizona USA 2011, starting her own company that produces TV Hosting videos for fashion and tech companies, traveling around the world and (of course) marrying her incredible husband who is a strong spiritual leader and everything she imagined in a man and beyond. Brittany is passionate about young women and their potential to be leaders in all aspects of life. Her fashion blog, fromdesktodinner.com, emphasizes her beliefs that women should be able to embrace their femininity without being considered pretentious and be able to be the boss and not be considered bossy. In addition, Brittany advocates for leading with a purpose to make the world a better place which is why she works with organizations such as Wounded Warrior Project, Sex Trafficking Rescues and is involved in mentoring high-school aged girls. There is no end to Brittany’s generous heart and her bright outlook on life coupled with her sparkling personality simply bring joy to the people she meets.

When asked, she answered:

What is the best part about planning the wedding?
I would have to say the absolute best part was sharing the incredible memories of making my dream Jewel Box wedding come true with my mom and dad. We shared so many laughs and memories between designing the invitations, tasting the cake and seeing my wedding gown come to life. Also my mom and I planned all the details of our wedding—we spent countless hours running around looking at vases, flowers, Swarovski stones, etc. This was the best part because those memories will live with me the rest of my life.

What is the worst part about planning the wedding?
Having to wait for the day to actually be here! I was so anxious to actually see all our hard work come to fruition, but I needed preparation for perfection. 

What is something you’d do different?
Honestly, I wouldn’t change a thing. I am so grateful to say that my parents made my dream wedding a reality. I just wish I had more time to dance with my Dad, Grandpa and Brother!

Advice for Brides-to-Be?
A few things I would highly recommend, that I did- and have shared with others:
  1. Yes, the wedding is about YOU but it is also bringing everyone together from your life and your husband’s life under one roof to celebrate! Make sure you appreciate that and let your guests know you appreciate it.
  2. If you’re not happy with something in the planning- FIX IT. We literally tweaked our custom monogram about 50 times until it was perfection. Pick vendors that are great and easy to work with but who also are there to help make your day your dream.
  3. Advice we received that we did and I HIGHLY recommend is: when the ceremony finishes, and you’re walking down the aisle. When you and your new husband get to the end, turn around and look at everyone cheering for you. It makes time stop. 

What celebrity would you invite to your wedding and why?
The celebrities to me are the people who have made a difference in my life. I invited all my friends, family, and those who have had an influence on me and journey thus far. I am so glad I had the chance to have had all my celebrities there.


The Celebration
Brittany and Anthony met on a blind date. Set up by a mutual friend, the two had an evening that beat the odds of a blind date gone wrong and left a lasting impression of a blind date gone very right. After almost one year and a half of dating, Anthony planned a dreamy vineyard proposal in Napa Valley, CA and shortly thereafter, the two were standing at the altar.

Brittany and Anthony wed on March 22, 2014—a beautiful spring day with promise of a wonderful new season in life. Friends and family from across the country gathered at the Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort in Phoenix, to witness the couple’s union and celebrate true love. The outdoor ceremony took place on Squaw Peak Terrace—a stunning, spacious hexagonal shaped lawn with colorful flowerbeds and a sparking fountain set against the backdrop of The Phoenix Mountain Preserve—whose elegant natural beauty effortlessly complimented the regal wedding ambiance. Upon arrival, guests were greeted by a life-size glitter gold “B&A” initials surrounded by brilliant white flowers, they were handed a detailed wedding program which explained the symbolic meaning behind Messianic traditions integrated in the ceremony and once seated, guests were left to gaze upon a wooden cross—the centerpiece of all the décor as well as a symbolic representation of the Christian faith and centerpiece of the couple’s relationship.


Brittany’s bridal party consisted of a junior bridesmaid and nine bridesmaids who wore gold floor-length Sherri Hill dresses that gracefully flowed as they each floated down the aisle. After the traditional processional, Brittany emerged in an exquisite fit and flare gown with a deep-v sweetheart neckline connected to an off the shoulders strap and decorated with elegant crystal beading. Brittany designed the gown herself and paired it with a cathedral length veil which created a beautifully dramatic grand entrance. United with her prince at the altar, Brittany and Anthony exchanged vows, prayed under a Tallit and officially became Mr. and Mrs. Kennada.


The celebration continued indoors in the Gold Room that was completely transformed to reflect Brittany’s dream vision—the inside of a jewel box. “I wanted the guests to feel as if they were in a dream,” she said. From the draping on the ceiling to the gold sequined table cloths to the interactive ten person band, everything was designed to create an inviting atmosphere and make guests feel like they were the precious jewels in Brittany & Anthony’s jewel box. 


Aside from the ornate décor, the couple also focused on incorporating meaning into the reception with details such as embroidered napkins, hand etched wine glasses for each guest and custom take-home champagne bottles that Brittany’s parents also gave away at their wedding. The newlyweds shared a special moment dancing to I Have and I Always Will by Dave Barns and cherished every moment spent surrounded by loved ones. Happily married, Brittany and Anthony cherish the wedding memories they have and are excited about sharing a lifetime of memories to come. 

Wedding Highlights
Date of Wedding: March 22, 2014
Number of Guests: 335
Wedding Colors: Gold and White
First Dance Song: I Have and I Always Will- Dave Barns.
Honeymoon Destination: African Safari
 
Best Wishes Mr. & Mrs. Kennada

2 comments:

  1. Couple (especially Brittany) is looking stunning in this. I really wish them good luck for future. Right now, I am searching online to help my sister on how to select a wedding location venue as she is so confused that not able to make a decision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for leaving a comment mackyton! I'm sorry for the delay in my response--a great resource to help your sister would be weddingwire.com If she hasn't already checked that out, I'd recommend it!

      Delete