Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Wear It Wednesday: Nautical Edition

One of my favorite places to be is on the water and this past weekend I went sailing with my family for my birthday! We had a lovely time cruising along the beautiful Southern California coast admiring the beauty of the expansive ocean and the marine life the surfaced. While I very much enjoyed the excursion, I also had fun putting together a nautical themed outfit.

There are two basic principles for sophisticated nautical ware: one, Sperrys on your feet for stylish footwear and two, a color scheme that includes white as your base. Striped patterns and anchor designs are added details that always look good at sea.

I chose to base my outfit on a white and navy blue color scheme adding a pink blouse for a pop of color! The gold accessories tied in with my gold shoes, which neatly pulled together the entire look. Sophisticated yet appropriate for the occasion, I’m a huge advocate for expressing your personality through style whether on land or at sea.
My wonderful siblings: Rebekah Josephine and Joshuah Timothy 

Blouse: Nordstrom
Shorts: H&M
Blazer: Ann Taylor
Shoes: Sperry Top-Siders
Necklace: Francesca’s Collections
Bracelet: C Wonder
Scarf: CollectionEighteen

1 comment:

  1. Your entire post including your necklace, shoes, blouse, blazer, cruise, siblings, the fun you had and your smile, everything is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete