Tuesday, January 7, 2014

2014 Resolutions

At the start of 2013, I created a prayer board to help me visualize how God works in my life and in the life of those I pray for. Gazing at the prayer board now, after a year has passed, I see not only a heap of answered prayers but also God’s faithfulness in every yes, no and even not now.

2013...New Beginnings, Redemptions and Pursuing God. 

Entering into 2013, there were two things my heart strongly desired:

  • Getting my love life back on track by re-entering into a committed relationship with my ex-boyfriend.

  • Securing a job with a public relations firm and moving out to be on my own.

Instead, 2013 unfolded to be a year in which

  • God rekindled His relationship with me setting my love life back on track spiritually. He has taught me to trust His ways and is asking me to be patient- for the right earthly relationship will flourish in its own time.

  • God provided me a full-time job in marketing, close to home. Although completely opposite of what I was hoping, the job opportunity I had this past year humbled me, challenged me and slowly helped me grow personally and professionally. Living at home was also a huge blessing because it allowed me to save money, be close to family and reconnect with my home church community from which I had been absent while at school. I know someday the time will come to uproot and leave, but God’s not finished with where he has currently planted me.

There are more ways in which God has worked in my life in 2013. He helped me successfully launch this blog, which in turn has landed me the opportunity to write for a couple different bridal magazines. I’m excited to pursue a new career opportunity in the wedding industry and take time to nurture and grow this blog in the new year ahead. I do not know where this road will lead (there are always risks that come with chasing a bunny trail) but it's looking forward into the unknown that makes me rely on God and in His care is where I want to be.

My desire is that 2014 will be a year of Action, Hope and Unquestionable Trust in God.

I resolve to…

Take action in becoming a better ambassador for Christ and be a good steward of His provisions.

Hope for the best in all circumstances and that from here, things can only get better.

Have unquestionable trust in God and his greater plan.

Ephesians 3:20-21 “Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.”

I serve a God who can rock your world. If you haven’t already done so, give him the chance.

Happy New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment