Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Daily Affirmation

A lot of us are familiar with the YouTube video of a cute little Jessica who gives herself a morning pep talk in the mirror while standing on the bathroom counter in her pajamas.



Although funny and adorable, this video has a profound message—the importance of positive affirmation.

We all have insecurities. Mine stem from getting so wrapped up in measuring my worth according to the world’s standards, I neglect to consider my worth in Jesus Christ.

Observing this was a constant struggle for me, my mentor challenged me to seek the truth about my insecurities in scripture and write out a card with daily affirmations to read aloud each morning.

I took his advice and recite the following sans pajama outfit atop the bathroom counter:

In God’s Eyes…

I am VALUED.
Romans 5:8 “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”

I am APPRECIATED.
John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

What I Do MATTERS.
Ephesians 2:10 “For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”


I keep one card on my nightstand and another in my car so I’m constantly reminded that no matter what anyone says or what circumstance I’m in, I am of worth in God’s sight.

What I like most about sweet Jessica in the YouTube video is the confidence with which she speaks.

May we, with the same assurance, face our days with confidence.

What is on your daily affirmation card? 

No comments:

Post a Comment