Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Dressed As For A Journey

Laura Johnson
One of my favorite verses is from Luke 12:35, stating: "Be ready, dressed as for a journey, with your lights burning." Life can be comfortable, too comfortable sometimes, but we must remember not to live by our own plan, but follow God's inevitable agenda instead.

God's Will is something we probably all struggle with. We think we know what's best for us, and sometimes fight how things are changing or developing in our lives. Learning to surrender your plans is a difficult, albeit rewarding, journey.

The truth is, God will put us in, take us out, or pull us through situations regardless of what we want. The terms don't always seem so great - but in hindsight, we always realize he put us on an adventure we needed to experience. Retrospectively, I can see the hurdles I jumped and the blessings I was given all for reasons that come from none other than the Lord. He knew what He was doing, and always will. He has sent me on adventures of extreme joy, extreme sadness, and everything in between. 

What makes it easiest is that, over time, I am learning to just go with it and allow God to bring me and take me and do with me what He wants. When the light at the end of the tunnel shines in each life experience, I pray to seek and accept God's meaning. Looking back, the blessings in disguise, the 'a-ha' moments, the beneficial life lessons—they all make the tough times of doubt completely worth it.

Life is so much more enjoyable letting Him be in control. I pray I can always trust God's will as He leads me in new directions, as opposed to just retrospectively understanding and thanking Him. I encourage you to thank Him during the journey for His providence, not just at the end.  


No comments:

Post a Comment